Thursday 17th April
April 28 to May 4 is 'Catch the Bus Week'. This is a national initiative by Greener Journeys encouraging people to swap at least one single car journey for a bus journey a week. Whether you're travelling to work, college, the shops or just fancy a day out; catching the bus is a great option.
• It's good for the environment. If everyone in the UK swapped just one car trip a month to the bus, it would save 2 million tonnes of CO2 every year!*
• It can save you money. Regular travellers can save more with weekly and monthly tickets. Visit your bus company's website to find out what multi-journey tickets they offer or ask your bus driver.
• It reduces traffic. It improves air quality and reduces congestion in your local area.
• It's good for your stress levels. A study by Greener Journeys shows commuting by bus to be a third less stressful than driving.**
• It's good for days out. Catching the bus is a relaxing way to explore your local area, with many bus companies offering group or family tickets.
Cabinet member for Transportation, Ruth Vigor-Hedderly said "Catch the bus week is a great opportunity to take on the challenge of swapping just one journey to use our excellent bus services. Lots of people will be doing it, so why not join in and give it a go?!"
Representatives from Transport for Buckinghamshire, Arriva and Carousel Buses will be on hand in the Eden Shopping Centre, High Wycombe on Wednesday 30 April 09:30-14:30. Visit the Catch the Bus stall for information, advice, offers, freebies and your chance to win £100 shopping vouchers and some free bus travel.
For more information about bus services in Buckinghamshire, including timetables, maps, the latest changes and a journey planner visit www.buckscc.gov.uk/travelinfo or follow us on Twitter @bucksbuses