It wouldn’t be a Bank Holiday weekend without heavy rain and, as such, ours is scheduled for late Sunday, early Monday this weekend (28th – 29th May) with a yellow weather warning issued by the Met Office.
Transport for Buckinghamshire has additional teams on standby to deal with any road flooding which may occur, and will use gully emptiers where necessary depending on risk and the severity of any flooding.
What to do if you see a flooded road:
- CALL US on either 01296 382416 or 01296 486630 (out of hours) to give us the location of the flood
- Please don’t use social media to let us know. We monitor Twitter and Facebook where we can, but it is not a suitable place to report emergencies, such as flooded roads
If you have to make a journey in heavy rain you should adjust your driving to the conditions of the road. Think Slow, Stop, See when driving in the rain:
- SLOW: slow down through heavy rain or on wet roads
- STOP: stopping distances will be affected by wet roads. Keep your speed low, and leave more space between you and the car in front.
- SEE: use dipped headlights even during daylight to ensure you can see and be seen
For more detailed information about driving in the rain, check out the RAC’s tips: https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/winter-driving/driving-in-heavy-rain/
Follow us on Twitter @TfBAlerts for updates